Some of the botters are doing their normal FUD by making claims like the following:
- Skilling is a boring process and botting makes it easier.
- It will only work a few hours and we will be back.
- It will destroy the economy by making things (like logs, coal, herbs) more expensive.
- Spread out what you are doing across multiple skills. You don't have to spend hours/days on one skill.
- So far it has been several days and I haven't seen bots so far.
- I haven't seen prices rise that much yet (and some have dropped). Even if they do it will encourage players to work on the skills to get the raw materials the need.
I have noticed that the number of players is lower over most of the servers and that is probably a good indicator that the bots were have a large impact on the game. When I was on world 70 for the ZMI it was just maybe a dozen players doing RC and before the bot-nuke it was several dozen (at a minimum). Next up I want to check out the living rock cavern as that was the home to hundreds of bots. I have a fairly good machine (quad core) with a decent graphics card and every time the bots moved from one spot to another my machine would slow to a crawl.