Sunday, September 16, 2012

Spam bot invasion

For the last few months the number of spams I receive daily has grown from maybe 1 or 2 a week to several an hour.  I need to leave my private on as I am a deputy owner for a clan and sometimes clan members need to pm me and they are not on my friends list.  I don't know what Jagex can do about this and I hope the next generation of bot detection/killing will help a bit.

I am not sure how feasible this is, but, if an account is reported by say 10 members for spamming maybe a mute for 72 hours could be implemented. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, I don't think that's a good idea, because that could be abused. This is part of a bigger problem - Rulebreaking/spam that Jagex cannot stop with their automated system.

What Jagex needs is MORE moderators (Jmod/Pmods) to solve this, but of course, they are nowhere to be seen. Heck, the problem with making high level players Pmods, is that they tend to do things that take them out of the "public sphere", such as high level PvM, etc - So effectively, they are not anywhere where any scams/spam is occurring.